- Yoga has great benefits for people of all ages, regardless of previous yoga experience and physical limitations.
- One-size doesn’t fit all; I love modifications and options!
- Variety is the spice of life. Bodies aren’t the same every minute of every day, and neither is yoga.
- I blend many yoga traditions: each class combines breathing with proper alignment (Iyengar), slow flow (Vinyasa), and holding poses to open connective tissue (Yin).
- Good yoga classes respond to the needs of the students, not the teacher.
- Many levels—from beginner to advanced
- Women and men
- All ages—teens through the 80s
- Cancer survivors
- All kinds of bodies—flexible and stiff
Where I Teach (2021)
- Monday evening: Zoom Yoga, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday morning: Millenium Sports Club, 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. These classes are free for gym members and $5/class for guests.
- Thursday morning: Millenium Sports Club, 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. These classes are free for gym members and $5/class for guests.
- Thursday evening: Beth El Synagogue Zoom Healing Yoga, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Contribute what you can directly to Beth El, www.betheldurham.org.
- Two Saturday mornings/month: Beth El Synagogue Zoom Healing Yoga, 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Contribute what you can directly to Beth El, www.betheldurham.org.
- Private lessons: contact Margie for more information.
Training and Continuing Education
I'm committed to ongoing continuing education!
- Teacher training: Body, Mind, and Spirit, Chapel Hill, NC (2004–2005)
- Yin yoga with Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers
- Therapeutic yoga with Doug Keller and Gabriel Halperin
- Adjustments and assisting with David Keil
- Multiple trainings with Angela Farmer
- Yoga for women cancer survivors with Tari Prinster
- Vinyasa (flow) yoga with Seane Corn, Heather Tiddens, and Shiva Rea
- Ashtanga yoga with Matthew Sweeney
- Anusara yoga with Todd Norian and Desiree Rumbaugh
- Viniyoga with Gary Kraftsow
- Yoga Anatomy with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- Many wonderful yoga teachers and mentors in the Triangle: Tracy Bogart, Rebecca Drake, Ti Harmony, Yvonne Cropp, Carol Krucoff, Dara Fort